graphic masthead of boy and City School District of Alabny logo graphic link to Board of Education pages graphic link to school directory pages
box bullet


box bullet About Us
box bullet


box bullet

Albany A-Z

box bullet

Albany Booster Club and School PTAs

box bullet

Albany Fund for Education

box bullet


box bullet

Annual Professional Performance Review (APPR)

box bullet Art
box bullet


box bullet Bids/RFPs
box bullet Buildings and Grounds
box bullet


box bullet

Dignity for All Students Act

box bullet


box bullet


box bullet

Grants and Program Development

box bullet

Hall of Fame

box bullet Human Resources
box bullet


box bullet


box bullet


box bullet

Professional Development

box bullet

Programs and Services

box bullet Pupil Personnel Services
box bullet

Search Our Site

box bullet

Strategic Planning: 2020 Vision

box bullet

Student Registration

box bullet Summer School

box bullet



Required Documents

What you'll need to register your child for school
To register your child for school in the City School District of Albany, you will need to bring proper identification with you to the Central Registration Office, located at 75 Watervliet Ave. Central Registration is open from 8:30 a.m. until 4 p.m. and can be reached at 475-6125.


You must, in person, register your child. Before registering, New York State education law requires that the following documents be presented. Registration will not be permitted unless these documents are submitted.


1) Documentation of birth -- one of the following (copies will not be accepted)

  • Original birth certificate

  • Original baptismal certificate

2) Parent/guardian photo identification is required


3) Proof of address (2 different items required in one parent/guardian name)

Must include the name and address of parent or guardian and must be dated within 30 days prior to registration date.


Examples of acceptable proofs of address include the following items:

  • Cell phone or telephone bill (welcome letter from phone company is acceptable)

  • Utility bill (electric, gas)

  • Satellite/cable television bill or installation receipt

  • Furniture rental statement (e.g. Aaron’s, Rent-A-Center)

  • Auto insurance ID card

  • Original lease agreement (Acceptable only from apartment complex or a real estate company)

  • NYS driver’s license issued within the last 30 days or change of address sticker on reverse side

  • Payroll check (dated within the last two weeks)

  • Social security statements

  • DSS documentation

Unacceptable items include:

  • U.S. mail

  • Property deeds

  • Post office change of address

  • Credit card/bank statements

  • Tax bills (water, property or school)

  • Medical bills

  • Any proof older than 30 days

  • Rent receipts

4) Official immunization record signed by a physician or clinic staff


5) Custody papers, if applicable (court order of custody or stamped petition is acceptable)

  • If the student is not the biological child, documentation must be presented which proves a permanent and total transfer of custody and control has been achieved

  • Notarized letters for custody are unacceptable.

6) Report card or transcript for all new students entering middle school and high school.


Office of Central Registration 4/23/2013

graphic header for quick links


Link to Board of Ed page Link to Directory page Link to Our Schools page