108 Whitehall Road, Albany, NY 12209
A child must be 3 by Dec. 1 in order to qualify for a 3-year-old's spot and 4 by Dec. 1 to qualify for a 4-year-old's spot during the following school year. Classes have a maximum of 18 children to make sure each child gets the individual attention that makes the prekindergarten experience meaningful. You must enter your child into the lottery to get a seat in the program of your choice. The lottery is conducted by an independent national firm to assure fairness and impartiality.
No step is more important in your child's education than the first one. The City School District of Albany is dedicated to building a solid educational foundation for success starting with our youngest learners.
In addition to the guiding principles of our district, we strive to keep our diverse children and families at the heart of our work because we teach what we love and we love who we teach.
We offer full-day prekindergarten seats to 4-year olds in all 12 elementary schools, in its bilingual Dual Language Program and at several community agencies. The program follows the school district calendar; students are in class 6.5 hours a day for at least 180 days.
We also recognize the role parents and guardians have as a child’s first teacher and best advocate and the role early childhood programs play in the educational success of our community’s children.
By collaborating with families and early childhood programs, we hope to learn from one another build a partnership that ensures every child is ready for success.
Our mission is to provide children with a safe, nurturing, child-centered learning environment that supports the development of the whole child.
We are committed to developing independent, confident students, who will be academically prepared and socially responsible citizens, solving problems as lifelong learners in the global community.
This is accomplished through an enriched curriculum that builds upon the foundation established at home, moving along a continuum which prepares students for a seamless transition to our kindergarten programs.
- Advanced Therapy (programs for 4-year-olds at Delaware Community School, Eagle Point Elementary School, North Albany Academy and Pine Hills Elementary)
- Albany Community Action Partnership/Head Start (income eligibility requirement)
- Ann Klose First (programs for 3-year olds)
- Early Learning Center (programs for 3- and 4-year-olds)
- Hackett Boulevard Center (programs for 3- and 4-year-olds)
- Nathan Lebron Center (programs for 3- and 4-year-olds)
- Olivia Rorie Center (programs for 3- and 4-year-olds)
- Arbor Park Child Care Center (programs for 3- and 4-year-olds)
- Boys & Girls Club of Albany (programs for 4-year-olds at Albany School of Humanities, Arbor Hill Elementary School, Giffen Memorial Elementary School, Philip Schuyler Achievement Academy, Sheridan Preparatory Academy and Thomas O'Brien Academy of Science and Technology)
- Capital Milestones (programs for 3- and 4-year-olds)
- Children's Place at the Plaza: Empire State Plaza and State Education Department building (programs for 3- and 4-year-olds)
- A Child's Place at Unity/Unity Sunshine of Albany (programs for 3- and 4-year-olds)
- The College of Saint Rose (program for 4-year-olds)
- Ernestina Dicioccio Day Care Center- Centro Civico (programs for 3- and 4-year-olds)
- DIGI Academy of Learners (programs for 3- and 4-year-olds for 2019-20)
- Infinite Day Care (programs for 3- and 4-year-olds)
- Sidney Albert Albany Jewish Community Center (programs for 4-year-olds onsite and at New Scotland Elementary School)
- St. Anne Institute (programs for 3- and 4-year-olds)
- St. Matthew School (program for 4-year-olds)
- Temple Israel (program for 4-year-olds)
- Trinity Nursery and Daycare (programs for 3- and 4-year-olds)