Fall sports information
The City School District of Albany will begin low-impact JV and varsity athletics on Monday, Sept. 21. We will field teams in the Suburban Council for fall 2020 in the following sports:
- Varsity boys' and girls' cross country
- JV and varsity boys' and girls' soccer
- Varsity girls' swimming
- Varsity girls' tennis
Fall sports included on New York State’s moderate- or high contact list (football, competitive cheer, girls’ volleyball) currently are scheduled for a “Fall Sports 2” season beginning on March 1, 2021. Only students in grades 9-12 are eligible to compete for Albany High School at this time.
Cross country (boys)
Cross country (girls)
Suburban Council Guidelines
- Athletes must wear acceptable face masks at all times
- Bandannas, gaiters and vented masks are not allowed
- Athletes must fill out the district’s COVID-19 screener prior to every practice and game. They must show their coach confirmation that they completed the screener
- Coaches will take the temperatures of all athletes prior to practices and games
- Athletes must socially distance by six feet at all times (inside and outside) unless the core activity (practicing, playing) requires a shorter distance.
- If it’s a shorter distance, athletes must wear acceptable face coverings.
- Maintain social distancing while on the sidelines or when waiting for repetitions at practice and games
- Bring personal water bottle(s) to practices and games. Water coolers or stations are not allowed for athletic events
- Locker rooms are not available for us at home or away competitions
- Port-a-potties will be available at home facilities, if bathrooms are not available
- Report illness or injury to your coach or the district’s trainer immediately.
- Athletes should not be hugging, high fiving, shaking hands or fist bumping.
- Wash your district issued water bottle thoroughly daily after usage.
- Wash your practice clothing and uniforms daily
- A mask must be worn at Bethlehem and Ballston Spa at all times. If athletes do not keep their mask on (unless less there is an emergency), the athlete may be removed from the competition.
- There will be NO spectators at home competitions, meets or games at Albany High School.
- Parents of seniors will be allowed to attend the senior recognition night game, match or competition
- Masks are required at all times
- Social distancing in the stands is required at all times
- Spectators will be required to follow all rules at all other away events and facilities
- Two spectator passes will be provided to all students and only two spectators/athlete can attend away competitions.
- Parents should make sure that student athletes have a filled water bottle for each practice and game.
- Water bottles should be cleaned thoroughly every day
- Parents should make sure that student athletes are washing their practice clothes and game uniform daily
- Parents should remind student athletes to shower as soon as they get home from practice and games
All spectators are expected to have their Suburban Council Badge or entry will be denied at all away competitions.
All schools are following NYS Guidance Document (Interim COVID-19 Guidance for Sports and Recreation). All spectators much wear face coverings when they are in common areas and situations where six feet of distancing is not able to be maintained, so long as they are over the age of 2 and medically able to tolerate.
Please be sure to review to what other schools are requiring student-athletes and spectators to do at their respective facilities:
Senior Night Dates
We’re sorry, no events were found for this calendar.