Current season information
This page contains seasonal information for the current sports teams. Also please be sure to regularly check our athletics news feed here on our site, and sign up for SchoolMessenger alerts to stay informed.
We are currently fielding teams in the Suburban Council for the following sports:
Fall season 2 (begins March 1)
- Varsity and JV football
- Varsity and JV volleyball
- Varsity cheer
- Varsity boys' swimming
- Varsity girls’/boys’ bowling
- Varsity competitive cheer
- Varsity and JV boys' basketball
- Varsity and JV girls' basketball
The New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA) is cancelling all 2021 Winter State Championships. The City School District of Albany is not participating in wrestling, and indoor track in 2021.
Fall season 2 (begins March 1)
Things to know this season
We are continuing to use electronic registration through Final Forms. Information on how to register and required physicals can be found below.
- Visit albany-ny.finalforms.com
- Click on NEW ACCOUNT under the parent icon
- Type in your NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, EMAIL.
Students should not register with their school district email account because these email addresses cannot receive emails from outside the school district. Creation of an accout requires a confirmation email, which students will not be able to recieve to their district email, as it is sent from outside the organization
- Next, click REGISTER
- Check your email for an account confirmation from FinalForms Mailman. (You should get it in 2 minutes, if you do not, check your spam folders). Contact Final Forms at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive the email.
- Click on CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT
- Create a new Final Forms password.
- Next click CONFIRM ACCOUNT
- Click REGISTER STUDENT (You will need basic medical information. If you have a copy of your child’s physical, you will be able to upload it)
Once you have completed the process above, you will be able to check back and see when your child is cleared to participate in sports. However, if you do not answer all questions and confirm that you have read all policies and documents, your child will not be cleared.
You can also fax physicals to Cheryl Osborne, PE Nurse at (518) 475-6311.
Please note that there in-person spectators permitted at home games within the Suburban Council.
Although we may not have in-person spectators, we are pleased to offer live-streaming of competitions whenever possible. Be sure to follow our Facebook page and subscribe to our YouTube channel so you don't miss out.
You can also view this Google Sheet for information on how to virtually spectate away games at other Suburban Council schools.
As a district, we are continuing with our ongoing expansion of SchoolMessenger as our primary communication tool to replace SNN. One of the primary benefits is that parents and guardians can automatically receive emergency, school and district updates to information on file for students.
You can also create accounts to customize which types of notifications you receive and how, including an optional athletics broadcast type. This opt-in category will be used to provide information on seasonal start dates, registration, games changes and cancellations and more. We encourage all of our Falcon student-athlete families to create a SchoolMessenger account and opt in to the athletics broadcast type.