To vote on our annual proposed budgets, the related propositions and Board of Education seats, you must be:
- Registered to vote with the county Board of Elections
- at least 18 years old; and
- a citizen of the United States and a resident of the City of Albany for at least 30 days before the vote.
For more information, please contact our board clerk, at (518) 475-6015. You also can contact the Albany County Board of Elections at (518) 487-5060.
Not sure where to vote? Check out:
- A searchable street-by-street directory. To search the street directory
- Click on the highlighted text above to download the directory as a .pdf.
- Hold down the Ctrl and F keys at the same time, then
- Enter your street name
- A directory by city ward
New voting locations
Please note that the district has two changed two voting locations for the 2019-20 budget vote.
- If you voted at Mater Christi School or Bethany Reformed Church in the past, you will vote at Maria College's McAuley Building, located at 308 South Manning Blvd.
- This change is for voters in the Eighth Ward, Districts 1-4, and all voters in the 14th Ward.
- If you voted at Albany High School in the past, you now will vote at Abrookin Career and Technical Center, located at 99 Kent St., two blocks north of the main entrance to Albany High.
- This change is for all voters in the 11th Ward.
For more information, please contact the board clerk at (518) 475-6015.
The City School District of Albany automatically sends absentee ballots to people that the Albany County Board of Elections designates as having a permanent disability.
Others who want to vote with an absentee ballot because of illness, hospitalization, vacation, studies, business or incarceration must apply for the absentee ballot.
Download an absentee ballot here, or call (518) 475-6015 to have one mailed to you. You also can pick up an application from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday through Friday at the district clerk's office in Academy Park on Elk Street. Completed applications may be mailed to the Clerk of the Board of Education, 1 Academy Park, Albany, NY 12207.
If you want the absentee ballot mailed to your home, you must mail the completed application to the district clerk seven days before the vote.
If you want to pick up your ballot at the district clerk's office, you must have your completed application to the district clerk the day before the vote, at which time you will complete your vote.
All absentee ballots must be returned to the district clerk by 5 p.m. the day of the school budget vote.