Grade 9-12 Music resources
The resources on this page are for use while classes are canceled due to COVID-19.
Students should spend 30 minutes each day engaging in on-line or at home musical activities using the resources below.
If your music class already has a Google classroom set-up, please follow teacher communications.
Digital Audio Workstation
- Soundtrap- Electronic Music Composition (use student login and password)
- Soundation (use student login and password)
Music in Our Lives
Students should spend 30 minutes each day engaging in on-line or at home musical activities.
If your music class already has a Google classroom set-up, please follow teacher communications
Students should continue to practice on their instruments at home every day for 30 min. using their lesson book and/or concert music previously provided by teachers.
Instrument care is the key to a long-lasting relationship with your instrument.
Before you play:
- Make sure your hands are clean
- Ensure your practice/performance space is clutter free
- Strings: Tighten your bow strings and rosin your bow
- Properly tune your instrument
- String Instrument Care
- Band Instrument Care
- 9 Ways Learning an Instrument Strengthens your Brain
- Lessons & Trainers- Music Theory
- How Successful Musicians Practice- Horns section
- How Successful Musicians Practice- Guitars, Basses & Bows
- How Successful Musicians Practice- Percussion & Drummers
- Play your favorite songs with these cool rhythms