The City School District of Albany will provide “grab and go” meals to students during the two-week school closure in response to the spread of COVID-19.
Beginning Monday, the following six buildings will be open daily from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., throughout the school closure:
- Albany High School (Washington Avenue entrance), 700 Washington Ave.
- Albany School of Humanities (ASH), 108 Whitehall Road
- Arbor Hill Elementary School, 1 Arbor Drive
- Giffen Memorial Elementary School, 274 South Pearl St.
- Tony Clement Center for Education, 395 Elk St.
- William S. Hackett Middle School, 45 Delaware Ave.
Lunch for the current day and breakfast for the following day will be available to district students at these locations each weekday through Friday, March 27. All schools are scheduled to reopen Monday, March 30. Please look for a representative or sign indicating where meals can be picked up at the above locations.
Students will need to provide their lunch/student ID to be able to pick up meals. If your student is not with you when you pick up meals, you still will need to provide the lunch/student ID; assistance will be provided in the event you don't have it with you when you arrive.
The district is making all efforts to meet the needs of all of our families during this challenging time. Please understand that as we determine needs and adjust production accordingly; a limited number of meals may be available depending on participation.
Please visit our COVID-19 Information section for more information and updates related to the district’s ongoing efforts to respond to this serious public health concern.