School-based Health Centers
The City School District of Albany has partnered with Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Services to introduce school-based centers at three schools:
- Giffen Memorial Elementary School
- Philip Schuyler Achievement Academy
- Sheridan Preparatory Academy
Enrolled students will have access to the following care:
- Primary care: assessments, diagnosis and treatment of minor, acute and chronic medical conditions
- Laboratory testing: strep, glucose
- Preventive care: immunizations
- Acute care, including prescriptions
- Referrals: mental health assessments, crisis intervention, counseling, inpatient care and outpatient programs
- Assistance with enrollment in health insurance
There are no out-of-pocket expenses to families for on-site health services provided to registered children.
Whitney Young will make referrals for additional health and mental health services that cannot be provided at the school-based health center. Services are provided under the direction of a medical doctor, family nurse practitioners and a registered nurse/program manager.
To learn more about the school-based health centers, visit Whitney Young's website.