The City School District of Albany is opening a two-week enrollment choice period on Monday, Aug. 10 to allow families to make important decisions for the 2020-21 school year in three areas: virtual instruction, transportation and food service.
Families’ selections will apply throughout the first marking period, which ends Nov. 13.
The district will be holding additional family forums in advance of the enrollment choice deadline – Monday, Aug. 24 at 5 p.m – to help provide more information.
Please note that you must complete a separate form for every student in your household.
Families who need assistance completing the form in a language other than English can call our ENL and Refugee Services Department for translation assistance at (518) 475-6147.
The district is offering families the opportunity to make these choices for the first marking period in recognition of the unique health and safety concerns COVID-19 presents, and to provide the district with critical information necessary to plan for the start of school.
Please check out our 2020-21 Reopening Plan for detailed information.
The online enrollment choice form asks families to commit to the following decisions:
- Virtual instruction – Do you wish to enroll your student(s) in fully virtual instruction (all online, from home) through the end of the first marking period?
- Please be advised that if you select "yes," your child must commit to the virtual learning model for the entire first marking period and will not be able to switch to an in-person or hybrid instructional model until the second marking period at the earliest.
- Families that begin the school year in an in-person or hybrid instructional model and choose to switch to a virtual model will be required to remain in the virtual model for the rest of the marking period.
- Transportation – For families choosing an in-person or hybrid instructional model, and with students that are eligible for bus transportation:
- Your student(s) will require transportation
- Your student(s) will not require transportation and you will make alternate arrangements for the student(s) to get to and from school
- Food service – The district will provide a pick-up option for meals for students enrolled in a virtual or hybrid instructional model. Please let us know if you would like to pick up meals at school for your student(s).
You can contact your school’s principal if you have any questions.
The enrollment choice period will be open through Monday, Aug. 24 at 5 p.m. Families who do not make a decision in these areas by that date will be considered enrolled in the instructional model that is in place at their school, in need of transportation on the days that students are attending school in-person, and not in need of meals on the days that students are attending school remotely from home.