Reopening: Contact Tracing
The district will notify the state and county health departments immediately upon being informed of any positive COVID-19 diagnostic test result by an individual within school facilities or on school grounds, including students, employees and visitors.
To assist the county health department with tracing the transmission of COVID-19, the district has developed and maintained a plan to trace all contacts of exposed individuals in accordance with protocols, training and tools provided through the New York State Contact Tracing Program.
The district will assist with contact tracing by:
- Keeping accurate attendance records of students and staff members.
- Ensuring student schedules are up to date.
- Keeping a log of any visitor that includes date and time, and where in the school they visited.
- Assisting the county health department in tracing all contacts of the individual in accordance with the protocol, training and tools provided through the NYS Contact Tracing Program.
If COVID-19 cases are discovered in a school or district building, the district will take the following steps in consultation with the county health department:
- Evacuate and close off affected areas of the building
- Disinfect affected areas of the building in accordance with state and local guidelines
In all cases, confidentiality must be maintained as required by federal and state laws and regulations. The county health department will conduct contact tracing and advise the district's medical director of the notification process to the impacted school or building community. School staff are not to determine exclusionary practices without guidance and direction from the county health department and the district's medical director.