In partnership with our yellow-bus provider, First Student Inc., the City School District of Albany offers FirstView, a bus-tracking and transportation communications app for your smartphone or desktop. The app is available each school year beginning Oct. 1.
FirstView lets you track the location and direction of your child’s bus, stop schedule for the current day, and times for school arrivals and departures. You’ll know when the bus gets to school in the morning and leaves in the afternoon.
The FirstView app currently is available in English, Spanish and French. Additional features include:
- Secure and Easy Access – FirstView requires a password-protected account along with your student’s ID number and a system-generated pin code for app set-up. This way, only you can view your student’s stop.
- Custom Alerts and Messages – Set up push or email notifications alerting you when your student's bus is a chosen distance or number of minutes away from your stop. Analyzing route and real-time GPS data, FirstView determines an estimated time of arrival to your stop.
- Multi-Stop View – FirstView will track buses for all of your children. Using individual colors for each child, every selected stop appears on the map simultaneously for easy viewing.
- Additional User Notifications – Connect up to three additional email accounts to receive alerts – a great feature for grandparents or caregivers!
- Dedicated Customer Support – Whether you are having trouble getting started, not seeing correct data or have an idea to make FirstView better, you can contact FirstView Monday through Friday:
- Call toll-free 888-889-8920 from 7 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Email Customer Support at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use the in-app “!” button to provide feedback
For more information or to download the app, please go to firstviewapp.com. It’s free from the Apple Store or Google Play Store. Just search FirstView! You will need your student’s ID number, which was included in the bus assignment letter you received at the start of the school year. If you don’t have that, contact the main office at your child’s school.