Like everything else this very “unique” school year, our 7th Annual City School District of Albany Elementary Art Show will look a little different. But we’re confident the creative approach we’ll be taking, in partnership with the Albany Institute of History and Art (AIHA), for 2020-21 will be a success and enjoyed by all!
With COVID-19 safety precautions in mind, AIHA will be hosting our student artwork (5-10 pieces from each of our 11 elementary school) digitally on their website but AIHA is also printing the pieces on lawn signs and is hosting a “walking tour” for the outside exhibit.
The artwork will be located on the AIHA lawn and nearby at local businesses and organizations beginning June 4 and ending June 18.
“I am excited to see that our students can shine and am looking forward to seeing their outstanding artwork that they created this year in school, whether virtually or in person,” said Kate Wright, City School District of Albany Fine Arts Supervisor.
CSDA Art Walk host sites:
- Albany Institute of History & Art, 125 Washington Avenue, Albany, NY 12210
- Accumera, 136 Washington Ave, Albany, NY 12210
- Office of Congressman Paul D. Tonko, 19 Dove St, Albany, NY 12210
- Albany Public Library, 161 Washington Ave, Albany, NY 12210
- Keobi Restaurant, 189 Lark St, Albany, NY 12210
- Daily Grind, 204 Lark St #1, Albany, NY 12210
- Alacrity Frame Workshop, 215 Lark St, Albany, NY 12210
- Center Square Barber Shop, 248 Lark St, Albany NY 12210
The hosting of the City School District of Albany Elementary Art show is supported through sponsorship from the Carl E. Touhey Foundation.