Fall sports information
The fall 2022 athletic season will offer football, girls' volleyball, boys' and girls' soccer, boys' and girls' cross country, girls' tennis, girls' swimming and diving and cheerleading.
The district is strongly encouraging all student-athletes in grades 7-12 to be fully vaccinated, including any COVID-19 booster shots for which they are eligible.
All the information in this section regarding COVID-19 vaccinations and EKG requirements is subject to change pending updated health and safety guidance from the state and county health departments.
If your student has had COVID-19 in the past and has not had an EKG to provide cardiac clearance, your student may need an EKG before being cleared to participate in fall sports.
For example, students who had a more severe COVID-19 infection, or students who were not treated by a physician during their COVID-19 illness, are required to provide proof of a normal EKG to be able to participate in sports. Please have your healthcare provider complete this form.
Students who were treated by a physician during a COVID-19 illness and experienced mild infections (fever of less than three days, and no symptoms referable to their cardiovascular system such as chest pain or rapid heartbeat), are not required to have proof of a normal EKG to be able to participate.
Please talk with your healthcare provider to determine if your child will require an EKG to be eligible for the fall season.
Registration and physicals
We are continuing to use electronic registration through Final Forms. Information on how to register and required physicals can be found below.
- Visit albany-ny.finalforms.com
- Click on NEW ACCOUNT under the parent icon
- Type in your NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, EMAIL.
- Next, click REGISTER
- Check your email for an account confirmation from FinalForms Mailman. (You should get it in 2 minutes, if you do not, check your spam folders). Contact Final Forms at email@example.com if you do not receive the email.
- Click on CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT
- Create a new Final Forms password.
- Next click CONFIRM ACCOUNT
- Click REGISTER STUDENT (You will need basic medical information. If you have a copy of your child’s physical, you will be able to upload it)
Once you have completed the process above, you will be able to check back and see when your child is cleared to participate in sports. However, if you do not answer all questions and confirm that you have read all policies and documents, your child will not be cleared.
We’re sorry, no profiles were found for this listing.
All student-athletes for fall sports must have an up-to-date physical – one conducted between Aug. 1, 2021 and the start of the upcoming season. You should provide this information to the school nurse. Please also watch for more information this fall about physicals.
Students can receive COVID-19 vaccinations at the Albany High school-based health center operated by Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Center. Please call ahead for an appointment at (518) 407-0172.
You also can click here for a list of COVID-19 vaccination sites and clinics offered by the Albany County Health Department.
This process allows middle school students to participate at the high school level.
The requirements are:
- Recommendation by a high school coach
- Parent permission
- School doctor permission/medical examination
- Pass a physical fitness test or fitnessgram results
Fore more information, please contact: