Each year, students in grades 7-12 have the opportunity to participate in the City School District of Albany’s athletic programs.
The district offers athletic competition in 12 female sports on 29 teams and in 12 male sports on 31 teams. Each team is coached by certified athletic coaches.
Albany is a member of the 15-team Suburban Council. The exceptions are football and indoor track. In football, Albany High competes in the Class A Division this year. In indoor track, the Falcons compete in Division I.
The district is excited to offer parents the option of electronic sign-ups using the following process:
- Visit albany-ny.finalforms.com
- Click on NEW ACCOUNT under the parent icon
- Type in your NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, EMAIL.
Students should not register with their school district email account because these email addresses cannot receive emails from outside the school district. Creation of an accout requires a confirmation email, which students will not be able to recieve to their district email, as it is sent from outside the organization
- Next, click REGISTER
- Check your email for an account confirmation from FinalForms Mailman. (You should get it in 2 minutes, if you do not, check your spam folders). Contact Final Forms at email@example.com if you do not receive the email.
- Click on CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT
- Create a new Final Forms password.
- Next click CONFIRM ACCOUNT
- Click REGISTER STUDENT (You will need basic medical information. If you have a copy of your child’s physical, you will be able to upload it)
Once you have completed the process above, you will be able to check back and see when your child is cleared to participate in sports. However, if you do not answer all questions and confirm that you have read all policies and documents, your child will not be cleared.
You can also fax physicals to Cheryl Osborne, PE Nurse at (518) 475-6311.
The Falcon's Nest
Please note that there in-person spectators permitted at home games within the Suburban Council.
Although we may not have in-person spectators, we are pleased to offer live-streaming of competitions whenever possible. Be sure to follow our Facebook page and subscribe to our YouTube channel so you don't miss out.
You can also view this Google Sheet for information on how to virtually spectate away games at other Suburban Council schools.
This program allows varsity student athletes in grades 10-12 to opt out of regular Physical Education classes for one quarter per school year.
Learn more in the Athletic Option Program section of our Health and Physical Education curriculum page.
The City School District established the Hall of Fame in 2009 to recognize accomplished graduates, exceptional district staff people and community members whose efforts support Albany's public schools.