Addressing the Board
The City School District of Albany Board of Education welcomes input from district residents, parents, students and other stakeholders. Community involvement at board meetings is encouraged so that we can better understand your views.
While the email address above is the best way to contact the board, you are also welcome to use any of the following ways:
- Our feedback form will send an email to district communications staff who can send it on to the board and/or appropriate staff.
- Board committees meet regularly and provide opportunities for public comment. Dates of committee meetings are available on our board calendar.
- The board meets regularly in public meetings and provides opportunity for public comment. Dates of board meetings are available on our board calendar.
- Invidual board member's email and phone contacts are available.
- All board members can recieve postal mail at: 1 Academy Park, Albany, NY 12207.
If you choose to speak at a board or committee meeting, you will have up to three minutes to speak during the public comment period. Speakers are called in the order they signed up to speak. You may sign up at the meeting, or you may contact the board clerk in advance.
Please note that the board generally does not respond to public comment during a meeting. If you need a response, please consider contacting the board directly.
We encourage you to share specific student or staff concerns first with the relevant staff (teacher, principal, etc.). If you believe that your concern has not been addressed at that level, the next step would be the appropriate assistant superintendent for instruction (elementary or secondary [middle and high school]). If you believe that your concern still has not been addressed, please contact the superintendent before contacting the board.
By law, individual student information and concerns about particular district personnel cannot be discussed in public meetings. If you need to contact the board about individual student or staff concerns please contact us directly.
For more information about how the board conducts business, please review the Board Policy Manual. The following policies may be of particular interest: