Are you a student-athlete, interested in playing sports at the collegiate level? If so, the City School District of Albany’s Athletics Department is encouraging you to participate in a free virtual Eligibility and Scholarship Workshop on Tuesday, Oct. 27 at 8 p.m.
Pre-registration is required and can be completed online.
According to Dynamite Sports, host of the virtual event, parents and student-athletes who attend the workshop will learn:
- how to get noticed
- how to ensure your athlete is academically eligible to play in college as a freshman
- how to get scholarships/grants
- how to setup recruiting visits
- why you should start preparing as early as grade 8
- why there are more opportunities at D-III, NAIA and junior colleges
- participants will also receive an SAT/ACT prep program
Please note, this is not a school-sponsored event. The City School District of Albany is not responsible or liable for any problems or damages arising from participation in this activity.
If you have any questions, please contact Ashley Chapple, the district’s Director of Health, Physical Education and Athletics at firstname.lastname@example.org.