Seal a Smile
A partnership of the Healthy Capital District Initiative and Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Services, Seal a Smile is a school-based program that provides oral health education, screenings, cleanings and sealants to enrolled students.
Services are provided by a licensed hygienist and dental assistant on portable equipment at eight schools:
- Albany School of Humanities (ASH)
- Arbor Hill Elementary School
- Delaware Community School
- Eagle Point Elementary School
- Montessori Magnet School
- New Scotland Elementary School
- Pine Hills Elementary School
- Stephen and Harriet Myers Middle School
School-based Oral Health Services
- Oral health classroom education
- Dental screenings
- Dental cleanings
- Dental sealants
- Fluoride treatments
- Individual oral hygiene care instructions
- Referrals and care-management services for follow-up treatment
- Participants receive a toothbrush, toothpaste and fun prizes!
For details about Seal a Smile or to enroll your child, you can download an informational letter and consent forms in .pdf format. Return the completed consent forms to your child's participating school.
You also can visit Healthy Capital District Initiative web site or call (518) 462-7040 for additional information about the program.