On Friday, Oct. 4, the City School District of Albany will induct six new members into the Hall of Fame. The Hall of Fame honors the contributions and accomplishments of individuals who are worthy of recognition as examples for others in our schools and community to emulate. The 2019 honorees are:
- Former physical education teacher and coach Leslie Bogucki
- Albany High School graduate and former Board of Education President Teneka Frost
- Former Albany High champion swimmer Elizabeth Gaffuri Kearney
- Former guidance counselor and longtime APSTA President Bill Ritchie
- Former Albany High and Naval Academy student-athlete Demond Shepard, and
- Former Albany High student-athlete and decorated Army sergeant the late Sonja Michelle Smith-Summers
Reservation forms and payment are due by next Monday, Sept. 23The Oct. 4 induction dinner will be held at the Italian-American Community Center on Washington Avenue Extension. We hope you'll join us!
Visit our Hall of Fame section to read more about indcutees from this and previous years.