Thank you to all who have signed up for the home delivery option for the City School District of Albany’s meals program. Due to an overwhelming response, we are closing new registrations for home delivery as of 11 a.m. Monday to ensure that we are able to meet the high demand.
We will continue to offer the on-site pickup option at our six schools each weekday.
If you registered for home delivery prior to 11 a.m. Monday, you will receive your first delivery between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. Tuesday, and each day thereafter during that timeframe. There is no need to take any further action.
You will receive a phone call at the number you provided with your registration when the delivery vehicle is nearing your home. Our volunteers will leave your requested meals for that day on your doorstep. Please be on the lookout.
In addition to delivery, meals still can be picked up each weekday at the following locations from 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m:
- Albany High School (Washington Avenue entrance), 700 Washington Ave.
- Albany School of Humanities (ASH), 108 Whitehall Road
- Arbor Hill Elementary School, 1 Arbor Drive
- Giffen Memorial Elementary School, 274 South Pearl St.
- Tony Clement Center for Education, 395 Elk St.
- William S. Hackett Middle School, 45 Delaware Ave.
The district served more than 7,000 meals in the first week of the meal program last week. The meal program will remain in service while classes are cancelled in response to COVID-19.
Please visit our COVID-19 Information section for more information and updates.