The City School District of Albany was notified Monday that two individuals in the district have tested positive for COVID-19.
One individual is a member of the school community at North Albany Middle School. This individual is associated with a seventh-grade virtual classroom. This individual now is quarantined at home. The Albany County Health Department has identified no other in-district contacts. There are no additional steps required for North Albany at this time, in alignment with health department guidance.
The second confirmed case Monday is a person at Eagle Point Elementary School. The individual, a member of one of the school’s fourth-grade classrooms, was last at school on Oct. 20 and is now quarantined at home. All students and staff members associated with this classroom also are quarantined at home for 14 days. In alignment with health department guidance, there are no additional steps required for Eagle Point Elementary at this time.
Health and safety procedures at all district buildings include cleaning and sanitizing nightly. We will continue with these procedures, and all buildings and buses district-wide also will continue to follow all required COVID-19 precautions (pre-arrival symptom screening and temperature screening for students and staff, wearing masks, hand hygiene, social distancing of 6 feet or more, and other precautions).
We also would like to remind everyone of steps you can take to help be safe:
- Maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet at all times from those you don’t live with.
- Always wear a mask that covers both the mouth and nose when you are out of your home.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently when out of your home. If you cannot use soap and water, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Don’t touch the eyes, nose or mouth unless your hands are clean.
- Complete the Student COVID-19 Screener each day before your child leaves for school, available from the Students/Families dropdown menu above.
- DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL WHEN THEY ARE SICK OR HAVE SYMPTOMS:
- Signs of COVID-19 are: fever, fatigue/tiredness, muscle/body aches or pains, congestion, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, nausea/vomiting or diarrhea, headache, loss of taste or smell, rash, feeling sick or unwell in any way.
- You can get a COVID-19 test by calling the New York State Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline at (888) 364-3065, or Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Center at (518) 407-0172 or (518) 465-4771.
- You also can find resources here: