The City School District of Albany will hold a virtual community budget update Saturday from 10-11 a.m.
The presentation will provide an update on the current status of the district’s academic and budget-development planning for the 2021-22 school year, following up on the presentations that the Board of Education reviewed at its meeting Thursday night. You can watch the video from Thursday's board meeting using these links:
To join Saturday morning’s virtual budget update, you can access our district YouTube channel.
You also can submit questions in advance or live during the meeting by using our web Feedback form. We will do our best to address all questions in the time available.
The board and district also have additional opportunities in the days and weeks ahead to learn more about the 2021-22 budget in advance of the budget vote on May 18. The board anticipates adopting a final budget proposal at its meeting on Thursday, April 22.
Here is our full budget community engagement calendar leading up to May 18:
- Monday, April 19 – Board of Education meeting, 6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 20 – Virtual Community Budget Update, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, April 22 – Board of Education meeting, 6:30 p.m. (budget adoption anticipated)
- Tuesday, April 27 -- Albany NAACP budget presentation, 6 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 5 – Council of Albany Neighborhood Associations (CANA) meeting, 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, May 6 – Board of Education budget hearing, 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 11 – Virtual Community Budget Presentation, 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, May 18 – Budget Vote and Board of Education Election. Polls open 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Visit the Our Budget section for details.