Applications are due Aug. 6 for bus transportation in the City School District of Albany during the 2021-22 school year.
The district transports all eligible students either by yellow bus, in partnership with First Student, or Capital District Transportation Authority (CDTA). Eligible students are those who live 1.5 miles or more from school, and students whose Individualized Education Plan (IEP) requires specialized transportation.
You don’t need to complete an application for 2021-22 if:
- You live at the same address.
- Your child will attend the same school in September as this school year.
- Your child is moving up from elementary to middle school, or middle to high school.
- Your child currently is a student at Edmund J. O’Neal Middle School of Excellence and will attend North Albany Middle School for the 2021-22 school year.
You need to complete an application if:
- You are new to the district.
- Your family moved. You also will need to change your address of record. You can find the forms at albanyschools.org/registration/address.
- Please note that we cannot schedule students for transportation if the home address on the application does not match the home address on record in schooltool.
- Your child is changing schools for 2021-22.
- You will need to complete and return a new transportation application if your child is changing from a neighborhood school to a magnet school, changing from a magnet school to a neighborhood school, or attending a different elementary or middle school through open enrollment.
- Your child attends the Dual Language Program at Delaware Community School and will attend the Dual Language Program at 50 North Lark St., next school year.
- You have children leaving the district for a private, parochial or charter school.
- Your child attends before- or after-school child care.
- The location changed where your child will be picked up and dropped off.
Applications are due by Aug. 6 in order to assure that your child will have transportation on the first day of school, which is Sept. 2.
For more information, call the Transportation Department at (518) 475-6170.