While our goal for the 2021-22 school year in the City School District of Albany is a full return to daily in-person instruction at all grade levels, we know some families may need a remote option for medically fragile students and students with other medical considerations that may require a virtual option.
The district is participating in a K-12 Regional Virtual School through Capital Region BOCES and in partnership with other school districts. We are asking families to complete a survey to determine interest and eligibility. Please note that completion of this survey does not guarantee enrollment due to limited seating and availability in the program.
(Log in using your student's district network username and password)
The survey deadline is Monday, Aug. 23 at 4 p.m.
Capital Region BOCES’ all-virtual option will include a new Regional Virtual Elementary School for students in kindergarten through grade 6, and Capital Region BOCES’ existing Regional Distance Learning program for students in grades 7-12.
Please take these important considerations into account as you make your decision:
- You must commit for the entire 2021-22 school year. There is no quarterly or partial-year option.
- This option is available for medically fragile students and students with other medical considerations that may require a virtual option.
- Students in self-contained classrooms do not qualify for the Capital Region BOCES K-12 Regional Virtual School. Please contact the district’s Special Education Department at (518) 475-6150 to plan an appropriate program for your child.
- The Capital Region BOCES program will offer core courses only. No electives will be offered.
- Curriculum and instruction will be aligned with NYS Learning Standards.
- Students will be placed into a shared class with students from other participating districts. While the City School District of Albany will assign teachers to this program, it is likely that a teacher from another district will teach your child.
- All teachers will be NYS certified, highly qualified teachers.
- The program will use resources such as Google Classroom/Meet, Essential Ed, Seesaw and schooltool.
- Daily instruction will include high-quality synchronous (live teaching) and asynchronous (pre-recorded) learning.
If you are interested in this full-year, virtual-only program due to medical reasons for your student or students, please complete the survey. Please note that completion of this survey does not guarantee enrollment due to limited seating and availability in the program.