On the third Tuesday each November, we pause to celebrate School Related Professionals Day and show our appreciation to the City School District of Albany employees who are the backbone of our district.
Those professionals include Albany Public School United Employees (APSUE) members, our management confidential staff and our partners at First Student and CDTA.
Among that group are teaching assistants, teacher aides, home school coordinators, information technology support workers, administrative assistants, secretaries, clerks, maintenance staff, food service workers, security staff, bus drivers and aides.
Their work is vital to all that we do, and critically important to building and maintaining positive relationships with students and families. They are often the first individuals to welcome our students to school in the morning and the last to see them off in the afternoon or evening.
To our school related professionals: Please know we are grateful for all you do, whether that involves:
- Ensuring that all students and employees have a healthy environment in which to work and learn,
- Deploying and maintaining the technology infrastructure so vital to our teaching and learning environments,
- Supporting students in and out of the classroom,
- Feeding them,
- Keeping them safe at school, or
- Getting them to school and home again safely.
Thank you for your commitment. Your work is valued, and we simply could not function without you.
Yours in education,
Kaweeda G. Adams