The City School District of Albany will add eight new members to the Hall of Fame on Saturday, Sept. 30 when it inducts the members of the Class of 2023 during that weekend’s Homecoming activities.
The members of the Class of 2023 are:
- Paul Collins-Hackett, Albany High School Class of 2003
- Daquetta Jones, Albany High School Class of 1999
- Miriam Koblenz Scott, Albany High School Class of 1958
- Ronald MacKay (Yvar Mikhashoff), Albany High School Class of 1958
- Tom McGurn, retired Albany High School teacher and coach
- Dr. Alexander Aiello Paley, Albany High School Class of 2004
- Dr. Melvin Silverstein, Albany High School Class of 1958
- Hon. Margaret Walsh, Albany High School Class of 1982
You can visit our Hall of Fame section to read more about their achievements, as well as all of our inductees from past years.
The Sept. 30 induction ceremony will be held in the auditorium at Albany High School. It will begin with a breakfast reception at 9 a.m. The induction ceremony will begin at 9:30 a.m., kicking off the day’s Homecoming activities, which will include Albany High's home football game against Mohonasen at 2 p.m.
The district established the Hall of Fame in 2009 to recognize accomplished graduates, exceptional district employees and community members whose efforts support Albany’s public schools. Each year, new Hall of Famers are inducted in conjunction with Homecoming Weekend after being nominated by the public and selected by a committee of district employees and community members.
Nominations for the Class of 2024 are welcome through April 1, 2024.
Congratulations to the members of the Class of 2023!