Starting Sunday at noon, you can bid on wonderful items and experiences, get a jump on your holiday shopping AND support City School District of Albany people and programs!
The Albany Fund for Education’s annual “Bid for Kids’ Sake” silent auction will run through Nov. 30. Get a link to the AFE auction here.
Some of the great activities AFE supports include the Feed and Read weekend food program, musical instruments, field trips and classroom grants that benefit district students, teachers and schools.
Bid on fabulous items including:
- Tickets to Mets, Yankees and Red Sox baseball games
- Upcycled vintage Schwinn bicycle
- Epiphone acoustic guitar, stand and case
- A “Wine and Design” party from Glennpeter Jewelers
- Designer jewelry from Patty Tobin Jewelry
- A week of JMU for Kids summer camp
- A week of Duane Killings basketball camp
- A two-night stay at Golden Arrow Resort in Lake Placid
- Two JetBlue ticket vouchers (to support the marching band’s trip to France next June)
- A voucher for four season passes to Great Escape (to support the marching band’s trip to France next June)
- … and much more!
Auction bidders can also “purchase” fund-a-need items such as a musical instrument repair or weekend food backpack and receive a card describing their purchase to give to a friend or loved one as a gift – for the person who doesn’t want any more stuff!