Five works, submitted by six media arts students, have been chosen for showcase in the Media Arts Festival 2020.
“This is a wonderful testament to our vibrant program and their teachers who are dedicated to the development of our students through diverse and creative projects,” explained Fine Arts Supervisor Kate Wright.
The festival, which was supposed to take place on April 8 at Niskayuna High School, is now virtual and can be accessed via this link.
Congratulations to the following district media arts students:
- Video Categories, Stop Action Animation: awarded Outstanding Film, "Love through the Seasons" by grade 11 students Eh Blu Say and Chit Moe, under the guidance of Diana DelGiudice
- Design Categories, Digital Fine Art: awarded 1st Place, "Delirious" by grade 11 student Katharine Drury, under the guidance of Theresa Story
- Design Categories, Digital Illustration: awarded 2nd Place, "Early Bird Catches the Worm" by grade 9 student Emily Farrell, under the guidance of Diana DelGiudice
- Photography, Human Figure/Portrait: awarded 3rd Place, "Window Lit" by grade 11 student Jamiah Williams, under the guidance of Diana Jordan
- Video Categories, Music Video Honorable Mention, "Two Time" by grade 11 student Sophia Doehla, under the guidance of Theresa Story