As you plan for the 2022-23 school year, please remember that most families do not need to submit a new transportation application. However, some families may need to submit a new application, and we would like to remind those families that Friday, Aug. 5 is the deadline to be able to guarantee First Student busing for the first day of school.
Families need to fill out a new application if:
- You are new to the district.
- Your family moved since the end of the 2021-22 school year. You also will need to change your address of record. You can find the forms at albanyschools.org/registration/address.
- Please note that we cannot schedule students for transportation if the home address on the transportation application does not match the home address on record in schooltool.
- Your child is changing schools for 2022-23.
- You will need to complete and return a new transportation application if your child is changing from a neighborhood school to a magnet school, changing from a magnet school to a neighborhood school, or attending a different elementary or middle school through open enrollment.
- Your child attended Edmund J. O’Neal School of Excellence in 2021-22 and will attend North Albany Middle School for the 2022-23 school year.
- You have children leaving the district for a private, parochial or charter school.
- Your child attends before- or after-school childcare.
- The location changed where your child will be picked up and dropped off.
We will do our best to accommodate First Student applications submitted after Aug. 5, but cannot guarantee that these students will be assigned to a bus before Thursday, Sept. 15.
Families do not need to fill out a new application if they live at the same address, their children will attend the same school next year, or they have children moving up from one level to the next (elementary to middle, or middle to high school).
Applications are not required for students in grades 6-12 who ride CDTA.
For more information or to complete an application, please visit our Transportation section. If you have additional questions, you can call the Transportation Department at (518) 475-6170.