The City of Albany Policing Reform and Reinvention Collaborative will hold five more virtual public meetings in the coming weeks to get community input on reforming and reinventing the Albany Police Department.
The schedule and subject follow for each meeting. All will be held from 6-8 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 15 – Recruitment and retention
- Wednesday, Dec. 16 – Community safety and restorative justice
- Monday, Jan. 4 – General meeting
- Wednesday, Jan. 6 – Policies, standard operating procedures, general orders
- Monday, Jan. 11 – Civilian oversight
Access the meeting on livestream on Mayor Kathy Sheehan’s Facebook page at facebook.com/AlbanyMayorKathySheehan.
City of Albany residents can sign up to speak for up to three minutes at each meeting by registering with this form. Residents also can submit written comments via:
- Email to email@example.com
- US mail to Police Reform, c/o Office of the Mayor, 24 Eagle St., Room 102, Albany, NY 12207
- Text or phone call to (518) 618-2268
Written comments will not be read live during the meetings. All comments will be reviewed and considered by the collaborative working groups as they compile a draft report.