The City School District of Albany is proud to unified sports teams for basketball and bowling.
What are unified sports?
Unified sports promote inclusive athletic opportunities for students with and without intellectual disabilities, emphasizing the skills and value of every team member.
The overall unified sports program is a partnership with New York State Public High School Athletic Association (NYSPHSAA) and Special Olympics New York, and you can visit either of their websites to learn more.
Who is eligible to play?
Unified Sports are open to students of any gender in grades 9-12 with or without intellectual disabilities, as long as they did not compete on the basketball or bowling team during the regular season. Student-athletes wishing to participate must also be fully vaccinated, have an up to date physical, and permission to carry and use medication (if applicable). Registration can be completed through Final Forms using the link above.
Registration and physicals
We are continuing to use electronic registration through Final Forms. Information on how to register and required physicals can be found below.
- Visit albany-ny.finalforms.com
- Click on NEW ACCOUNT under the parent icon
- Type in your NAME, DATE OF BIRTH, EMAIL.
- Next, click REGISTER
- Check your email for an account confirmation from FinalForms Mailman. (You should get it in 2 minutes, if you do not, check your spam folders). Contact Final Forms at firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive the email.
- Click on CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT
- Create a new Final Forms password.
- Next click CONFIRM ACCOUNT
- Click REGISTER STUDENT (You will need basic medical information. If you have a copy of your child’s physical, you will be able to upload it)
Once you have completed the process above, you will be able to check back and see when your child is cleared to participate in sports. However, if you do not answer all questions and confirm that you have read all policies and documents, your child will not be cleared.
All student-athletes for spring sports must have an up-to-date physical – one conducted between March 1, 2023 and the start of the upcoming season; this information should be provided to the school nurse.
Students can also obtain physicals from any of our Whitney Young school-based health centers, as well as other locations throughout the community. This Google Doc shows where physicals are offered and if there is a fee associated.