Board of Education
Public Board of Education meeting @ Albany School of Humanities (ASH)
Those wishing to attend in person are asked to wear a mask and observe social distance guidelines of six feet as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. The meeting also will be livestreamed at the link above; no username or password is required. People also may call in to listen to the meeting by dialing 1-415-655-0001 and entering the access code 242 799 37.
The meeting will be recorded and available after the meeting using the link above.
The board will hold a public hearing at 6 p.m. seeking community input on two charter school proposals:
- KIPP is seeking renew its charter to serve kindergarten-grade 8 starting with the 2021-22 school year.
- Green Tech Charter High School is seeking to serve students in grades 6-7 (in addition to grades 9-12 it currently serves) and renew its charter starting in the 2021-22 school year.
The regular board meeting will begin at 6:30 p.m. Topics on the agenda include:
- Capital project update
- Community schools
- District safety plan
The board always welcomes comments from the public. Members of the public may submit comments to the board:
- Using our public comment form
- In person
- Via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Via U.S. mail to Board of Education, 1 Academy Park, Albany, NY 12207
- By phone at the dedicated public comment voicemail line (518) 475-6016.
Comments received before 12:30 p.m. the day of the meeting will be made available to board members prior to the meeting.
To view the full agenda, please visit our BoardDocs section.