The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has provided updated guidance for schools to follow. The New York State Departments of Health and Education also have issued joint guidance aligning with the CDC’s updates.
- Optional in all district buildings and on First Student and CDTA buses
- If a student or employee tests positive, they are required to isolate at home for five days and then wear a well-fitting mask for five days after returning to school or work
- The CDC recommends that anyone exposed to COVID-19 wear a well-fitting mask for a full 10-day period and test at least five days after close contact, or sooner if symptoms develop
- Students and employees experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should stay home until fever-free for 24 hours (without medication) and symptoms are improving.
- The CDC recommends testing as soon as possible after symptoms begin
- Test-to-stay requirements have been eliminated
- We continue to encourage everyone who is able and eligible to get vaccinated
- Albany County Health Department clinics – Free COVID-19 vaccinations in a variety of locations
- To find additional locations near you visit vaccines.gov or call 800-232-0233
- No longer required