All City School District of Albany schools will dismiss 15 minutes early Friday, Oct. 9 to participate in the annual Go Home Early emergency preparedness drill. The State Education Department requires all schools to conduct this test each year.
The following dismissal times will apply for all students Oct. 9, both in-person and virtual:
- Elementary (early start) – Dismissal at 1:30 p.m.
- Albany School of Humanities (ASH), Eagle Point Elementary School, Montessori Magnet School, Pine Hills Elementary School, Sheridan Preparatory Academy, and Thomas O’Brien Academy of Science and Technology (TOAST)
- Elementary (late start) – Dismissal at 2:30 p.m.
- Arbor Hill Elementary School, Delaware Community School, Giffen Memorial Elementary School, New Scotland Elementary School and Philip Schuyler Achievement Academy
- Middle school – Dismissal at 2:03 p.m.
- Please note that all Tony Clement Center for Education students -- in-person and virtual -- also will dismiss at 2:03 p.m. to align the early dismissal times for staff and students in the Clement program and at Edmund J. O'Neal Middle School of Excellence.
- High school – Dismissal at 3:15 p.m.
All after-school activities in district buildings will be cancelled. However, Albany High School student-athletes will be permitted to access their respective locations at the high school or Stephen and Harriet Myers Middle School for practices and games beginning at 3:40 p.m.
Please read the following information carefully to assist with your planning for after-school programs on Oct. 9.
Students attending after-school programs in district buildings:
Since after-school programs will not be offered in district buildings Oct. 9, you must pick up your student(s) at their regular school building 15 minutes before the school’s regular dismissal time. There will not be transportation to other district buildings where after-school programs normally are offered.
Students attending after-school programs at childcare or agencies not located in district schools:
Students regularly transported to childcare or agencies not located in district buildings will be transported to their scheduled after-school drop-off location.
Please make appropriate arrangements at home and with childcare providers for the early arrival of your children on Oct. 9.
Please also note that all district schools and offices will be closed Monday, Oct. 12 in observance of Columbus Day.