I am writing to let you know that we were notified Wednesday that three members of the City School District of Albany community have tested positive for COVID-19.
One individual is a member of the Delaware Community School community. This individual was last in the building Nov. 24 and is now quarantined at home. The Albany County Health Department has advised that no additional contact tracing is required.
A second case involves a member of the William S. Hackett Middle School community. This individual also was last in the building Nov. 24 and is now quarantined at home. The health department has advised that no additional contact tracing is required.
The third case involves a member of the Stephen and Harriet Myers Middle School community who has been in a fully virtual environment. This individual is quarantined at home and there are no additional school-related contacts associated with this case.
All potentially impacted individuals have been contacted at each school; the health department has indicated that there are no other steps necessary for any of the buildings at this time.
Health and safety procedures at all district buildings include cleaning and sanitizing nightly. We will continue with these procedures, and also will continue to follow all required COVID-19 precautions (pre-arrival symptom screening and temperature screening for students and staff, wearing masks, hand hygiene, social distancing of 6 feet or more, and other precautions).
We also would like to remind everyone of steps you can take to help be safe:
- Maintain a social distance of at least 6 feet at all times from those you don’t live with.
- Always wear a mask that covers both the mouth and nose when you are out of your home.
- Wash hands with soap and water frequently when out of your home. If you cannot use soap and water, use alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Don’t touch the eyes, nose or mouth unless your hands are clean.
- Complete the Student COVID-19 Screener each day before your child leaves for school, available daily via the email address on file for parents and guardians, and from the Students/Families dropdown menu above.
- DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO SCHOOL WHEN THEY ARE SICK OR HAVE SYMPTOMS:
- Signs of COVID-19 are: fever, fatigue/tiredness, muscle/body aches or pains, congestion, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, nausea/vomiting or diarrhea, headache, loss of taste or smell, rash, feeling sick or unwell in any way.
- You can get a COVID-19 test by calling the New York State Department of Health COVID-19 Hotline at (888) 364-3065, or Whitney M. Young Jr. Health Center at (518) 407-0172 or (518) 465-4771.
- You also can find resources here: