All three City School District of Albany middle schools will hold in-person information nights next week for new families and students who will attend their schools next year through the district's new enrollment pattern.
The informational events will all be held Wednesday, June 15 and are planned primarily for students currently in fifth grade (all students and families who will be attending a different district middle school in 2022-23 are invited as well):
- North Albany Middle School, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Feeder schools: ASH, Eagle Point, Pine Hills, Schuyler
- Stephen and Harriet Myers Middle School, 5:30-6:30 p.m.
- Feeder schools: Delaware, Giffen, Montessori, TOAST
- William S. Hackett Middle School, 6-7 p.m.
- Feeder schools: Arbor Hill, Dual Language, New Scotland, Sheridan Prep
Topics will include:
- Facility and student expectations
- Extracurricular programming
- Summer transition camp
- August parent orientation
- Lockers and student IDs
- Facility and students expectations will be discussed
Please reach out to your building principal with any questions.
- Hackett - Michael Paolino - (518) 475-6475 or email@example.com
- Myers - William Rivers - (518) 475-6425 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- North Albany - Andrea Piper - (518) 475-6800 or email@example.com
The Board of Education voted March 17 meeting to adjust the elementary schools that feed to each of the three middle schools. The decision reaffirmed the board’s commitment to changing the current temporary feeder pattern, which was established in 2017-18 as an outcome of a series of charter middle school closures and the district’s own rising enrollment earlier in the decade.
You can visit our Feeder Alignment Committee section for more information and background on the process.