- Use this link or the button above to navigate to asp.schoolmessenger.com/albanyk12ny/subscriber.
- Click the "First time user? Sign up now" option in the lower left corner.
- Complete the "Create new account" information screen, and then click the "Create Account" button at the bottom of the form.
- You will then be brought to an "Activate Account" screen, which will ask for a confirmation code as well as the password you just created. The confirmation code will have been sent to the email address you entered, and will have been sent by SchoolMessenger firstname.lastname@example.org. Enter the confirmation code (we strongly recommend you can copy and paste the code), as well as your password, and click "submit."
- You will then see a success screen that should redirect you to your new account within 5 seconds. It also provides a link to click in the event you are not redirected automatically.
- You have now successfully created and logged in to your School Messenger subscriber account, and begin to set your preferences and update your contact information.
You can change your preferences at any time, allowing you to customize what types of news you would like to receive and how. These are the categories listed under the first section of the "Interests" heading. All subscribers are automatically enrolled to receive emergency updates, and you can also choose to receive the following:
District news: Information about news and events at the district level, including Board of Education updates, all of our student support departments including lotteries and registration
School news: School-specific information about news and events exclusive to a specific school
Attendance: This is used for families to receive automated attendance calls, and is not applicable to community subscribers
Athletics: Receive athletic scheduling updates directly related to practices and games, as well as registration dates and procedures. Please note that this is category is exclusively for procedural updates and events related to athletics. Information about our student athletes succeeded (like a student bowling a perfect game, or a team going to sectionals) will be sent out as "school news" broadcast for the relevant school(s).
In the Organization section, you can select which school(s) you would like to receive notifications for.
If you make any changes on this pages, be sure to click the "save" button at the bottom.
You can add additional types of communication by using the "add more" button under the "contacts" heading at the top of the page. Please be sure to follow the on-screen instructions to complete activation of any additional emails or phone numbers you add.
Click the "Messages" tab, at the top of the page, to access any messages (notifications) that our district has sent in the past 30 days. Note that you will only be able to see messages/notifications that were sent by the district since you’ve signed up for notifications.
Need additional help? You can use the form below to submit questions related to SchoolMessenger.