Albany High Guidance
The Albany High School Guidance Counselors are here to help you and your children. Services we provide include:
- Academic advisement and scheduling of courses for each year
- Individual counseling and referrals to community/school groups
- Discussion of career interests and goals
- Assistance with the college search/application and financial processes
- Classroom presentations for 9th graders
- Classroom presentations for 11th graders
Preparing students for college is one of our primary goals, and we offer a variety of information to help students navigate the process and make the best choice for their futures.
Federal Student Aid, a part of the U.S. Department of Education, is the largest provider of student financial aid in the nation. Students and their families are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and meet the requirements to be eligible for student aid.
Our Guidance Department can assist in helping students and families navigate this process.
Naviance is a web-based college research and planning tool for Albany High students, parents and school counselors. The website manages individual students through the entire college planning, application and decision process.
Students can search for scholarships, explore careers, take interest inventories and investigate their learning style. They can review academic and admission data for colleges across the United States and also gauge their chances for acceptance by comparing personal GPA/ACT/SAT statistics with those of recent successful applicants from Albany High.