Building security protocol
The City School District of Albany uses the Raptor digital security system to enhance safety procedures at all buildings.
The Raptor system digitizes many of our current security procedures and requires visitors and employees to show identification upon entering a district building. Board of Education policy requires all visitors to present a valid form of identification when they enter a district building.
There are a number of acceptable identification forms that are accepted at all district buildings. Please see the "acceptable forms of ID" section on this page for the complete list.
Visitors lacking valid identification will be required to speak with the building principal.
The system stores directory information for all future visits in order to expedite our normal visitor check-in process and student check-out process.
Identification information collected will not be shared with any individuals or organizations outside the school district.
- State-issued driver’s license
- Military-Issued Identification
- Passport identification card
- Birth certificate
- Mexican Consulate card
- Permanent resident card
- Alien registration receipt
- Employment authorization document
- Voter registration card
- Native American tribal document
- Driver’s license issued by a Canadian government authority
- Any official document indicating the visitor’s full name and date of birth (insurance card, Medicaid card and bank card are acceptable)