Phone: 518-475-6220 | Fax: 518-475-6202
700 Washington Ave., Albany, NY 12203
About our academy
Citizenship Academy students are interested in making the world a better place by working with people and organizations with shared goals. These globally aware students learn about environmental, social, cultural, political and economic relations in Citizenship Academy, and they are provided with the skills to navigate and embrace cultural differences. Applying the knowledge of global and cultural perspectives prepares students for academic, professional and social success as productive global citizens.
Choose Citizenship Academy to help prepare for rewarding careers in human services, language and international relations.
- Earn a New York State Seal of Biliteracy for being proficient in listening, speaking, reading and writing in one or more languages in addition to English
- Experience global foods and gourmet cooking in Culinary Arts courses
- Immerse yourself in different cultures through multiple upper-level foreign language studies
- Join French Honor Society
- Join Spanish Club
- Participate in related after-school clubs including Model UN, International Club, French Club and 21st Century Cooking